What is Employee Monitoring?
How does Employee Monitoring Software work?
What is the mechanism behind it? When you switch on your computer, you may either clock in or download a desktop program that will do so for you. Many time-tracking applications also provide a mobile app that you may use to track time in meetings while you're not at your desk.
In We360.ai you have the MyZen software that tracks your progress throughout the day as you keep logging your time spent working, time spent in breaks, and when you finally finish the work.
You can tap into the screens of your employees to see what they’re doing. This feature should only be used on official devices like the company laptop or desktop to avoid legal allegations.
We all know that in all the time we spend at our desks we don’t work constantly. However, the ratio of work to breaks is the key to defining one person's productivity. We360.ai allows you to set requirements for your own business, and the apps that are useful to you and which aren’t, these will track the time your employees actually spend working.
Why would Employee Monitoring be a good fit for your Company?
What to look for or to avoid before choosing any?
- What are your needs?
- Why do you need to monitor employees?
- What’s your budget? Which one can you afford?
- Which features are helpful for your work and how will they work?
- Is your employee monitoring software dynamic enough to grow with your business?
What are the types of employee monitoring software?
There are many types of employee monitoring software such as:
- Employee monitoring software: This type of employee monitoring software is designed to provide real-time data and insights into the work habits of employees, enabling managers to make better decisions about how they can manage their workforce. Employee monitoring software tracks working hours, Activity, and the time spend on tasks.
- Employee tracking tools: These types of employee tracking tools allow employers to track the location, activity, and performance levels of their employees on a real-time basis.
- Remote access management tool: This type of employee monitoring tool allows employers and managers to remotely manage their workforce from any location using a web browser or app.
- Remote access software: This type of employee monitoring software allows employers to monitor employees remotely through computer. It gives employers the ability to view their employees’ work activities, monitor their locations and set up alerts when certain events happen - such as when an employee leaves the office or logs into a computer after hours.
- Field Tracking employee monitoring software: This type of employee tracking app uses GPS technology to track an employee's location and movements throughout the day via smartphone or computer. It also allows employers to set up alerts when certain events happen - such as when an employee leaves work early.
Software to watch what your employees are doing on screen
- It helps in reducing employee theft
- It helps in reducing employee misuse
- It reduces the risk of data breach by providing a secure environment for your staff
- It allows you to monitor workers who work remotely from home
Pros and Cons of Employee Monitoring Software
Data-driven insights help you construct a more efficient workforce by emphasizing your employees' strengths and flaws. Seeing where individuals struggle and excel offers you the ability to distribute work more effectively. Matching your team member's abilities and skills to the proper assignment is critical and allows them to perform their best work! Employee monitoring solutions that focus on behavior data can help you pinpoint which members of your team require more training or coaching. This saves projects from plummeting and gives employees the opportunity to learn, grow, and improve.
When employees are monitored during work hours, it reduces the chances of corporate espionage. You can always be assured that your data is safe and instantly find out which employee may have larceny in their hearts. Breach victims are more likely to be seen in large corporations as there is a greater risk of human mistakes leading to attacks, such as opening phishing emails by accident. Internal threats do exist from time to time. We360.ai's screenshot feature gives managers a clear picture of what employees are doing and when they are doing it. The data logs also serve as your company's "black box" in the case of security breaches or legal difficulties. It gets a little simpler for you to figure out "who, what, when, and where" the incident occurred.
Successful and data-driven companies leverage the insights provided by monitoring software to boost engagement, revenue, sales, staff retention, satisfaction, and efficiency. Furthermore, the types of data gathered by employee monitoring software enable you to make more informed business decisions. You may discover that you have too many staff working on a single project. Why not give a couple of them a new project to use their time and the company's resources better? Alternatively, determine which program (that you're paying for) isn't getting much use. Stop squandering money by getting rid of things you don't need.
It is well acknowledged that approximately 70% of employees in the workforce are disengaged from their jobs. 40% of employees are not involved in any way. With employee disengagement being such a big issue, organizations need tools to help them figure out who's disengaged, why they're disengaged, how much it's impacting their business, and what they can do about it. Unfortunately, when employees are disengaged, they are usually unconcerned with the company's goals or performance. They merely come to work to be paid. Our behavior analytics can reveal who on your team is disengaged or on the verge of being disengaged. For instance, you will know how much time employees spend on non-productive apps. If you plot the data in a graph over time, you can observe whose productivity has grown, dropped, or remained constant. If necessary, you can meet with the team member using this information. Find out what's going on and how you can assist.
What can be the Cons of Employee Monitoring and what can you do about them?
The first thing that concerns most employees and employers is the potential privacy breach. Privacy is an issue when activity is monitored. People use work computers for personal and work reasons and want their activities to remain secret. Also, the concept of someone "monitoring their every action" is unappealing to many people. It's spooky! Assure your staff that their privacy is extremely important. You're not looking at them; you're analyzing data. Personal information such as passwords, driver's licenses, passports, and other security numbers aren't of interest to you. This can also be addressed by limiting the use of the software to company devices.
A person may automatically work more, take fewer breaks, and be concerned about their performance if they are aware that their activities are being recorded. All of this might cause your employees to become more stressed, resulting in a reduction in morale and employee turnover - the exact opposite of what you want to achieve! The Health360 feature of We360.ai can help you monitor overworked employees and you can have a discussion with them to address the same.
The legality of tracking operations is clouded by ambiguity. One of the reasons is that there are several laws governing what is and is not permitted. The legality of employee monitoring is entirely dependent on your location. That isn't to say that this form of data collection isn't possible. There are several methods for analyzing daily activities in conformity with local rules.
Is Employee Surveillance Legal?
What are the ways to introduce Employee Monitoring Software to your Employees?
Whenever it's about starting something for employees, it’s best to be transparent with your communication. If you’ve decided to start with employee monitoring software, let your employees know it’s just to enhance the performance from the inside out. So it will result in positive and collective steps to improve performance.
Being a boss, you’re pretty clear about what you will get with employee productivity monitoring software, but it may be ambivalent to your employees. So making them aware of the mutual benefits would be a good decision.
- Accurate and automated attendance will provide faster, more accurate payments
- User activity monitoring highlights the actual performers providing due recognition and rewards
- Real-time productivity insights of the work for self-analysis and improvement in the skills and ability with advancement in career goals
- Zero manual work time and yes to dynamic and meaningful work reports
- Getting due share and credit of work with activity and workload management analysis
- Freedom to work remotely on their own terms more often as managers can now track their work from anywhere
- Work on your terms from anywhere you want, as managers will be able to communicate more conveniently with real-time data, records, and analysis
- Manage your leaves by tracking your own work status and productivity analytics as proof of work