Responsibility of the Job
- carrying out keyword research using software such as Moz to optimise web content
- tracking metrics such as organic traffic, conversion rates and time spent on page using platforms such as Google Analytics
- monitoring and reporting on search trends and SEO performance
- analysing websites and social media pages to make recommendations for improvement
- performing competitor analysis to identify content gaps and areas for improvement in website design
- staying up to date with new SEO, social media and digital marketing industry trends, tools and practices, which are constantly changing
- using Excel spreadsheets to compile reports
- implementing link-building strategies
- making suggestions for SEO-friendly content creation
- providing keyword insights and SEO advice for other teams within the organisation
- optimising web pages for mobile devices.
Key skills for SEO analysts
- Verbal and written communication
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with large data sets
- Organisation, time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Research skills and attention to detail when pulling data from multiple platforms
- Interpersonal skills to manage relationships with clients
- Project management skills
- An inquisitive nature and an ability to think creatively
- Problem solving and decision making.
Qualifications for this job typically include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field is preferred, but equivalent work experience may also be considered.
- Online courses and certifications in SEO from reputable platforms like Coursera, Udemy, or specialized SEO training providers such as Moz or SEMrush.
Local universities or colleges: Many institutions offer marketing or digital marketing programs that can provide a strong foundation for SEO skills.
- Online platforms: Websites like Coursera, edX, Udemy, and specialized SEO training providers offer a wide range of SEO courses and certifications that can be completed remotely.
- Digital marketing and SEO schools: Consider enrolling in institutes or schools that specialize in digital marketing and SEO courses. They often provide in-depth, hands-on training.
Salaries for SEO Analysts can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and the employing organization. On average, entry-level SEO Analysts can expect to earn approximately $45,000 to $60,000 annually. Experienced SEO professionals with a proven track record can command salaries exceeding $80,000 per year, particularly in competitive job markets.
Please note that these figures are approximate and may vary based on your specific location and the demands of the job market.